Keep Your Call Center Operating Smoothly
Our virtual hosted call center solutions provide reliable communications and reduce business costs.
Cloud Service Providers vs. Call Center Hosted Solutions
People often talk about cloud solutions and hosted or co-located services interchangeably. There are subtle differences that are important to understand.
You’ll find that with Cloud Service Providers:
- Cloud service providers allow for the purchase of needed virtual servers, database servers and networking resources where the hardware and network firewalls are maintained by the cloud service provider. The services that are purchased still need to be maintained by the call center that purchased these solutions.
- The call center will manage these virtual service and other services through fairly easy to use websites, or at times by making requests to the cloud service provider help desk.
- The Microsoft servers’ licenses are purchased with a monthly fee. The call center can update to a newer version of the software at any time, but the call center is responsible for upgrading the operating system.
- Cloud service providers usually have backup and business continuity solutions.
- Cloud service providers are located in data center locations designed for high availability and reliability.
On the other hand, with Call Center Hosted Solutions:
- Any needed hardware is placed in a hosted data center. The data center generally offers a secure environment with multiple levels of IT support, rack space, backup power, security, controlled environment, UPS backup power, generator backup power, and high bandwidth Internet connections with automated failover, and Internet bandwidth to choose from.
- For servers that are not dependent on specific hardware, Amtelco will purchase and maintain all the needed virtual servers.
- The customer will only need to configure and maintain the Amtelco purchased solution.
- Amtelco will take care of all needed server updates and patching.
Using hosted services and cloud-based call center software together helps control costs and provides state-of-the-art disaster recovery. Calls centers need to actively evaluate advancements in technology and adjust their business practices to find the best way to provide reliable communications and reduce their costs.
Benefits of Using Amtelco’s Call Center Hosted Services
With hosted solutions you are assured that you always have up-to-date applications and regular server maintenance performed by professionals. Ensure business continuity – you never will lose system data in the event of a network outage.
Some of the primary motivations for considering cloud or hosted services are:
- Eliminate on-premises hardware and software.
- Provides protection from downtime required to perform periodic upgrades to the operating system and the implementation of new hardware while providing the assurance that the system is being monitored 24/7/365.
- Reduce cost and maintenance of on-premises hardware such as Windows Servers, data backup solutions and SQL Servers which can be time consuming and overwhelming for a small business without dedicated technical resources. Cloud and hosted services still require some support from business staff, but this should be reduced over on-premises technology.
- Partnering with a consulting firm or with Amtelco can help alleviate the amount of support required by business staff. This allows your business to focus more on the primary goals of the business, rather than on dealing with computer issues.
Designed for Your Virtual Hosted Call Center
Amtelco leverages the benefits of many different data centers to provide solutions to our customers. Cloud solutions offered with this configuration include RED Alert, miSecureMessages, and back up services. All of these platforms were built by Amtelco to be operated in a shared cloud-based computing environment. Amtelco also houses dedicated Infinity systems at hosted data centers for our customers.
Amtelco has partnered with Amazon, CDW and Flexential data centers to offer affordable and reliable solutions for our customers. Businesses can work with Amazon or other data centers directly to deploy their servers in a cloud environment or can partner with Amtelco to help facilitate the transition.
There are many options to choose from. Feel free to contact us for more information.