Automated Call Center Software
Automation in your call center is an essential component if you are trying to increase efficiency. Implementing automation saves time, eases frustration, and, when used correctly, increases accuracy. Streamline your call center’s inbound and outbound communications with the MergeComm automated dispatching application. MergeComm works seamlessly with Amtelco’s suite of call center applications, as well as with the product offerings of other vendors.
How Does MergeComm Operate?
Implementing MergeComm in your call center conveniently adds automated dispatching scenarios to the Intelligent Series (IS) platform. Dispatch scenarios can run automatically based on various inbound triggers. MergeComm jobs can also be scheduled to run on a recurring basis or can be initiated by a call center agent, a web user running a web script, and a third-party application.
Automatic Inbound Triggers
MergeComm dispatch scenarios can run automatically based on various inbound triggers. Depending on your needs, dispatch scenarios can be triggered for various channels.
- Schedule: MergeComm Scenarios can be scheduled to run automatically by adding a scheduled task to the IS System Schedule.
- miSecureMessages: miSecureMessages is Amtelco’s secure mobile device paging application. Users can send secure messages to IS to be processed.
- POP3 E-mail: POP3 involves System and Client Settings to specify the mail server to poll and the e-mail address to monitor for retrieval of e-mail messages.
- SMTP E-mail: The Intelligent Series has a built-in SMTP server with which the SMTP client applications communicate, enabling SMTP clients to send e-mail messages directly to IS.
- SMS Modem: SMS Modem enables receiving inbound SMS text messages from users.
- SMS Aggregator: Amtelco partners with SMS aggregator services to integrate bulk messaging services with the Intelligent Series for sending and receiving SMS text messages using a secure Web connection over the Internet.
- EMR (HL7): MergeComm allows inbound HL7 messages to be received from a hospital EMR system to be filtered and mapped to an Intelligent Series Client to trigger a MergeComm scenario.
- Phone: Amtelco’s Genesis soft switch enables users to place a phone call to a number that is directed into the Intelligent Series to initiate a MergeComm scenario.
Seamless Outbound Interfaces
MergeComm outbound dispatching utilizes the Intelligent Series Contact-Based Directory and associated Contact Methods. MergeComm also interfaces with external Web services and electronic medical record (EMR) systems using the HL7 communication protocol.
- Phone: MergeComm allows initiating outbound phone calls using Amtelco’s Intelligent Voice Services soft switching platform. The Message Summary will be played using Text To Speech (TTS) technology.
- E-mail: MergeComm can initiate outbound SMTP e-mail messages. Outbound e-mail can be formatted using the optional HTML Summaries feature.
- TAP Pager: MergeComm can send outbound TAP paging messages.
- SNPP Pager: MergeComm supports outbound SNPP paging messages.
- WCTP Pager: MergeComm can initiate outbound WCTP paging messages.
- Fax: MergeComm can send outbound fax messages via the CopiaFacts or RightFax application. Outbound faxes can be formatted using the optional IS HTML Summaries feature.
- SMS Modem: MergeComm can initiate outbound messages via SMS text messaging modems.
- SMS Aggregator: MergeComm supports outbound messages via approved SMS aggregator services.
- miSecureMessages: MergeComm can initiate outbound messages to users of Amtelco’s miSecureMessages secure mobile text messaging application.
- Vocera: MergeComm supports outbound text messages to Vocera users via the Vocera VMI and VMP interfaces.
- Outbound Web Service Connection: MergeComm can interface with external Web services to facilitate communications with third-party systems.
- Outbound EMR Integration (Outbound HL7): MergeComm can send HL7-based messages for tasks such as updating a patient’s medical record and managing appointment schedules.
- Group Dispatching: MergeComm supports automatic group dispatching using the For Each response element and the Auto Dispatch response element. Groups can be selected based on IS Directory attributes such as Role and other lookup criteria. Groups also can be selected based on IS On-Call Schedule lookups.
The heart of MergeComm is Amtelco’s Intelligent Series scripting. The MergeComm node in Intelligent Series scripts is used to specify actions to be performed each time a message is initiated by a MergeComm trigger or job.
Scripts can have a MergeComm Branch that performs different actions based on the type of inbound trigger. The Auto Dispatch response element is used to perform automated dispatching using the Intelligent Series Directory Contact Methods and Directory OnCall Schedules. Scripts that require agent interaction can be set to create a Dispatch Job to present to an agent.
Auto Dispatch is a MergeComm feature that can automate your entire dispatch process including retries, escalations, and confirmations. It allows Intelligent Messaging scripts to select a listing or multiple listings automatically based on various conditions and provides a dispatching platform to dispatch the message to the selected individuals.
Since Auto Dispatch provides a customizable level of automation, you can decide if you would like a script to be 100% automated (meaning no agent intervention is required) or a combination of automation and agent intervention. This can mean the script will run fully automated until all the steps have been exhausted or the agent needs to handle something at the end of the process. At that point, the agent can resume the script and interact as usual.
Automated Dispatching can be initiated by an agent or by one of the available MergeComm triggers.
- Agents and supervisors can monitor the status of current Automated Dispatch Jobs by viewing the jobs in the Dispatch List.
- If a MergeComm job requires agent intervention, the dispatch job becomes due and is displayed in the Dispatch List with a highlighted message indicating the type of intervention required.
- When clicking the Dispatch Board hyperlink, the Dispatch Board for that MergeComm job is displayed.
Several standard reports are included that are designed specifically for MergeComm data. These reports can be used to perform statistical analyses of MergeComm’s messaging and to show how messages are dispatched.
The MergeComm reporting interface incorporates the Crystal Reports engine, which can be used to create custom and ad hoc reports that are based on the MergeComm data.