7 Benefits of Call Center Agent Scripting Software
Utilizing a call center scripting tool provides many benefits to help with training and efficient call handling. Agent scripting software can be used to script call flows and workflows. It can also be used as a cloud-based web scripting platform for public access to web forms and online contact requests. Implementing this software in your call center offers the following benefits:
1. Quicker onboarding and training
The challenge of high turnover rates and training expenses related to hiring and onboarding new agents is a common issue call centers face. One of the key benefits of using agent scripting software is a reduction in training time for call center agents. Scripts help simplify and reduce training time by guiding agents through call flows. Scripts are optimized to present the appropriate information to agents for each call type. Agents follow on-screen prompts, and the script navigates them through the call.
2. Decreased data entry errors
When information is manually entered, the risk of data entry errors increases. Call center scripting software alleviates many common mistakes that can be made with data entry. Some examples of how scripts can be used to increase accuracy in your organization include:
- When agents type in all lower or upper case, scripts can convert their type into the proper case, based on the type of input they are working with.
- Require agents to enter the full 10-digit phone number and automatically format the numbers.
- Ensure agents gather required credit card numbers, based on the type of credit card.
- Eliminate spelling mistakes with built-in spell-checking tools.
- Perform automated city and state lookups, based on the postal code entry.
3. Save time by automating processes
Scripts can include sophisticated branching and scripting options to automate processes and save time.
- Lists and menus in scripts allow users to select from a list and then branch based on their selection.
- Checkboxes and branches based on the selection can be included.
- Scripts can be linked with external databases to perform lookups or save data.
- Initiate email, SMS text messaging, miSecureMessages, faxing, and paging from scripts to dispatch the information gathered in the script to recipients.
4. Conveniently deploy scripts for many uses
Scripts can be deployed for various uses within a call center or throughout an organization. Scripts can be deployed as web scripts, allowing users with access to a browser to run a script remotely. Web scripts can be popped to users in a call center when answering a call. Data about the call can be conveniently passed into the script, allowing the script to perform automated lookups on data such as the caller ID or other information.
5. Easy-to-use solution
Your general office staff can easily build scripts. Amtelco’s scripting solution is designed to allow non-programmers to build scripts using our Easy Script Editor. The Easy Script Editor tool allows staff to build scripts by dragging and dropping elements onto scripts. Users can see and modify the look of the scripts as they go, including the ability to specify fonts, back and fore colors, the inclusion of images, and much more. The proper flow of the script can be tested and verified for accuracy before publishing the script for use.
6. Provide your clients with a role in script development
With scripting software, a new script can be posted to your call center’s website so that your clients can review and test the script before it’s published. This offers your clients an active role in approving the precise script that will be used, which makes it easier to justify set-up costs. Your clients can also update their on-call settings and manage their directory listings.
7. Extend scripts to the cloud
Web scripting allows your scripts to be extended beyond typical call center usage. Scripts may be inserted into existing web pages and accessed by end users or your call center customers. Scripts can be used to allow customers to begin a call request online, with the option to connect with an agent at any time. Access client databases directly over the web and incorporate them in scripts so the script is dynamically updated to the latest information when your clients make any changes.
Effective call center scripting solution
Scripting software provides many benefits to help simplify and streamline call processing. Color-coding, validation, spell correction, and other protocols can be used to increase accuracy and the agent training/onboarding process.
Amtelco’s scripting software is designed to be flexible and easy to use but is also a powerful tool. Office staff can instantly build scripts with the drag-and-drop editor tool, while more advanced users can create custom and more complex scripts to fit their needs. For more information or a demo, contact our sales department.